Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day One of Twelve Days of Christmas Meditations


On the First Day of Christmas...

Welcome to DAY ONE of our Twelve Days of Christmas Meditations!



Please try to remember there is no right or wrong. I hope you enjoy whatever your experience turns out to be. It's our Pure Intention that matters! Oodles of love to you and your littles. Xo, Lisa

Let's hop to it!



CANDLE
WE LIGHT. “We light this candle as a reminder of the Christ that is Light within us”

STILLNESS
WE SIT. In a circle, prayer hands or not, open hands or not. {Now let’s.get.real...my 18 month old may or may not ever sit, but my demonstration of sitting and singing is the intention. That’s why we fill this meditation with 30 second activities to keep the littles engaged}. G really loves “Namaste” and bowing. Namaste translates into “The light in me bows to the light in you”, for me this means “the Christ in me acknowledges the Christ in you.” Lovely! So, we do three Namaste’s and bow, which Baby B L-O-V-E-S to copy. Sitting = a bore. Bowing = all the rage in toddlerland!!

SONG
WE SING. Play Ong Namo from the Spotify playlist on the top left! Or, Listento Ong Namo by Snatum Kaur here via youtube.com. {We don't really watch the videos(although you can if you choose), this was just an easy way for me to share the song with you}.

Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo translates into:
“I bow to the divine teacher within me”
Christ is the Divine teacher within us, and so what a lovely way to launch our twelve day process!

A most amazing lullaby, it comes from Kundalini yoga. More details if you'd like them, here.

THANKFULNESS
WE PRAY. Both of my littles are familiar with the “God Our Father”, a blessing song they’ve both learned at their pre-school class before lunch.
God Our Father(to tune of Where is Thumper)
God our Father
God our Father
Once Again
Once Again
Thank you for our blessings
Thank you for our blessings
Amen
Amen.

Nothing like a little gratitude to open our hearts and invite love in. Then we did a few “Thank you God for ____”. I choose to never judge them for their thankful list. Sometimes it’s people or leaves, cookies or Mickey. I love the sweet gift of hearing what they’ll share!!

THREE OM’S TO PRACTICE RECEIVING BREATH
WE BREATHE. Hilarious and Oh-so-fun for the littles. An ideal way to teach them to feel their breath. Deep breath in, and exhale OM{sounds like A U M}. Three times. No idea how to "Om"? Click here for the how, or just make up your own way!

MINI-DEVOTIONAL
WE LEARN. 
What does Namaste mean? Christ is in you and in me, in everyone and all living things.

Me: “G, do you remember what Namaste means?”
G: “The green light in me and you!”

Yes, my sweet. That pretty much sums it up. 

And so It is!

And if you'd like a little further devotional for yourself I really liked this message over at cafe mom

No comments:

Post a Comment